Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do I bleed the power steering system on a honda accord ?

I have a honda accord 1.8 vtec se its a 1999 V reg. I have just bought a power steering pump as my old one was leaking and the bearings where damaged.

I plan on fitting the pump this weekend just wondering how I would bleed the system of any air that may get into it??

Any help would be a great help,.How do I bleed the power steering system on a honda accord ?Turn the steering wheel all the way left then all the way right slowly with the engine off after putting in the new pump and fluids. Repeat this several times . If your old one leaked out, dirt could have gotten in so a good way to clean out the gritt is to use transmission fluid instead of power steeringng fluid as it runs cleaner and will actually clean it out. However this does NOT work both ways. DO NOT EVER PLACE POWER STEERING FLUID IN THE TRANSMISSION!! It will kill your car! lol Good Luck!How do I bleed the power steering system on a honda accord ?Fill the reservoir, start engine, turn steering wheel 'lock' to 'lock' (full left then full right) recheck fluid.done,How do I bleed the power steering system on a honda accord ?Doug's answer was correct, but I just wanted to add that you should have both wheels off the ground when you do this.

Otherwise it is really, really hard on the tires, suspension, body, steering, etc.



But you don't really have to bleed at all.

Normal driving will take care of it in a few hours.

The system will not lose much fluid in the first place, so you don't need to bleed.

The fluid constantly recirculates.

No comments:

Post a Comment