Sunday, February 26, 2012

Should I get the roof rack and or a short roof box 2008 Honda Element EX?

I am looking into a 2008 Honda Element EX, and I am wonder what people's feelings are on whether or not to get a roof rack? I would get the roof rack simply for looks.

What about storage for trips, would you get a short roof box? Any advice on either of these questions would be great.

Thanks.Should I get the roof rack and or a short roof box 2008 Honda Element EX?I just got a 2008 Element (EX) and was considering the roof rack as part of the purchase but backed out of it.



In the first place, with the configurable seats and height of the interior, it's got lots of cargo space inside. (I was about to write "out of the elements, but in this case I guess it's really "in the Element.)



Secondly, if you look at the roof edges, there are punch outs for where the roof rack will go, so if you discover later that you really need it, adding it on is not really a hassle.



And if you're just doing it for looks, bah! "Looks" really don't factor into this car that looks a lot like my toaster.



Also, Honda's price for a roof rack seems a bit high, so check around with after market prices and save yourself some money.Should I get the roof rack and or a short roof box 2008 Honda Element EX?get a roof rack or a roof box ONLY if you have intentions of actually using them. going with a roof rack just for "looks" will create more drag when you're driving. more drag means more power, more power means more gas, and more gas means an empty wallet.



i'd go with a roof box mainly cuz i believe you can take it off when you're not using it. im not too sure about the factory roof rack being removable...Should I get the roof rack and or a short roof box 2008 Honda Element EX?I have an EX, I have the roof rack installed at the dealership and am getting the bike/ski accessories from a local company (Rack Attack).



If you are going on trips, and need the room a roof box would be a good idea, but I would compare prices/sizes.
  • virtual villagers 5
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment