Thursday, February 23, 2012

What are the best floor mats for a 2008 Honda Odyssey?

What would be the best option for all weather floor mats for a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX. We may also be taking out the center seat in the second row quite a bit as we have three boys to get in and out of the van.What are the best floor mats for a 2008 Honda Odyssey?I only buy WeatherTech Products, just because I think they are wonderful products. http://weathertech.com shows you all the products that will perfectly fit you Oddy. I opted to not go with a traditional all-weather mat, but a floor liner. Nothing gets on the carpets, so my '07 Oddy looks brand new! The only issue wit the floor liner is that in the second row, it doesn't give you the ability to access the floor storage like OEM and it will expose the metal floor bars if the middle seat is out. If you don't mind those things, I highly suggest these floor liners!What are the best floor mats for a 2008 Honda Odyssey?Honda has 'all season floor mats' and a rear cargo mat that are your best bet. the set of floor mats runs about $200. the reason I recommend them is that they fit properly and they include hold downs so that the mats don't slide up under the accelerator pedal.



if you want to do it less expensively, here's something I did with an RV I owned when my kids were small--go to a carpet store and buy the clear plastic runners with the 'spikes' on the bottom. you can cut them very easily to fit and they will stay in place. Its a much more affordable solution and they are safe; mine lasted 15 years in an RV without curling, cracking or moving.



I wouldn't recommend anything other than the factory mats for the front, whether all-weather or not. but then again, the kids most likely won't be in the front.



there is a link on the honda website for the accessory purchases

http://estore.honda.com/asp/logon.asp?bh鈥?/a>



hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment