Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's your guess on the value of a Honda Dream 250cc CA72?

I'm looking to buy a vintage 1962 Honda Dream 250cc CA72 in excellent condition (at least that's what the owner says...I admit that the pics look good).



I don't know much about bikes and this will be my first one. Does anyone know of a price range that I should expect to pay? What about any problems that I should ask about when I see it?



Thanks!What's your guess on the value of a Honda Dream 250cc CA72?i Guess you are not in the uk ,as the CB250T DREAM came out august 1977 was around for a very short time before being re vamped into the super dream (more of a down grade than an upgrade),

i have an s reg dream, the main problem is the rear swing arm rusts away underneath at the back of the engine, cam chain tension-er tends to stick, exhaust balance box tends to rot ,



around here you would be lucky to get 拢300 for one in good nickWhat's your guess on the value of a Honda Dream 250cc CA72?The CA72 is a bike with collector value. You should expect to pay quite a bit more than you would for a less collectible bike in similar condition. You might expect to pay somewhere from $1200 to upwards of $3000, depending on condition, the upper mark being reserved for a very original example in excellent condition or a good restoration. If your seller isn't cued in, he may be asking less, giving you a chance to steal it.



I am of two minds about a bike that old for a first bike. On the one hand, it is nice to see these cool old bikes being ridden. On the other, they can be a bit fiddly to keep on the road compared to something newer. The fact that you ask about what to look for suggests that you could be getting in a bit over your head. I don't mean to scare you off; these bikes are well made and were reliable enough for their day, but don't expect a bike you can just turn the key and ride every day without some attention.What's your guess on the value of a Honda Dream 250cc CA72?I've seen one for sale, he was asking for $3000. I thought that was steep.
  • dp dough
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment